Here is a quick, easy and delicious meal that you can throw together in just a few minutes midweek.
The star of this meal is broccoli, one of my favourite nutritional powerhouses. The key here is don’t overcook it, just take some of the crunch out. The leaves of the broccoli soak up the tart sauce and provide a pleasing counterbalance to the subtle mushrooms and chicken.
- 6 tablespoons tamari
- 6 tablespoons bone broth or stock
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medjool date, minced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 organic chicken breasts or 4 thighs
- 2 cups of button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the coconut aminos/tamari, broth, vinegar, olive oil, and date in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and lightly brown, then set aside.
- Add a second tablespoon of coconut oil and toss the broccoli in. Stir fry lightly, then remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, garlic, and ginger to pan and cook for just a few seconds, add the mushrooms and then add the liquid mixture and simmer for about 30-60 seconds or until thickened.
- Return broccoli and chicken to the pan and cook, turning once, until glazed with the sauce, about 1 minute.
Serve immediately on it’s own or over cauliflower rice. Enjoy!