Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast?? But making pancakes that are fluffy, soft and delicious without gluten, dairy and eggs is not that easy. Well not until now anyway.
I have made this recipe for breakfast on Christmas morning for the last three years in a row. It’s very popular with everyone, even those who aren’t on any kind of restricted diet. They just taste delicious! And it’s an added bonus that they don’t have anything in them that you’ll regret later. Even the sugar is low.
- 1 Cup buckwheat flour
- 4 Tbsp mashed ripe banana
- 2Tbsp flax blended in the bullet with 100ml of water
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp frozen wild blueberries (optional)
- 150ml (3/4 cup) non-dairy milk, I usually use coconut milk or cashew milk
- 3tbsp honey
- coconut oil to grease the pan
- Mix all of the pancake ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Spoon a big spoonful of mix into the hot pan. I usually use a ¼ cup measure as a scoop
- When you begin to see that the edges are cooked and you can see some bubbling on the surface, flip the pancake.
- Cook for a minute or two on the other side and then set aside.
- Regrease the pan with a smidge of coconut oil
- Repeat until the batter is used up.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a pan and gently heat on the stove.
- Serve with fresh fruit and mint
Serve with fresh fruit salad and chopped mint, plus eggs or sausage for some protein so your blood sugar doesn’t bottom out an hour or two later.