This warm, creamy soup is total comfort food. Full of healthy fats, gut healing nutrients from the bone broth and phytonutrients from the cauliflower, onion and ginger this deceptively simple soup packs a real nutritional punch.
- 1 large or 2 medium cauliflower(s), about 1.2kg
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large potato, about 250g, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 inches of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1.2 litres chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Remove the stalk from the cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, then tip in the cauliflower florets, potato, ginger and onion. Sweat together for about 10 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened but not coloured.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the coconut milk with some salt and pepper and return to a simmer.
- Now simmer, uncovered, for 10–15 minutes until all of the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup using a freestanding or handheld stick blender until smooth.
Serve immediately. Makes a fantastic starter for Christmas or Sunday lunch, add some protein for a complete meal and finish with a big green salad. Enjoy!