You will need:
- Barbecue sauce, see recipe below.
- Pizza base of your choice, I love Isabels which you can get here.
- 1 chicken breast or left-over roast chicken
- Cheese or dairy free cheese of your choice
First make barbecue sauce:
Combine the following ingredients in a small saucepan:
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g of chopped tomatoes (can)
- 1-3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 3 dates, soaked in hot water
- 3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (use aged if you have it)
- 2 Tbsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion. gently cook for 4-5 mins, until softened. Add remaining ingredients, and season to taste, and mix well.
Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 mins.
Use a stick blender or other blender for a few seconds to make the sauce smooth if you prefer.
You can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to make your pizza.
Take a pizza base of your choice. My favourite is Isabel’s mix, you can get it here. (DF,GF, Vegan) but this is great with cauliflower base, almond base or quinoa pizza base.
1 chicken breast, cut in 1 cm cubes. You can also use precooked and shredded chicken or leftover roast chicken.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Prepare pizza base as per instructions.
Salt and pepper chicken breast and sauté in olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
Cut chicken into cubes and mix with 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. Spread remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on pizza crust. Top with chicken followed by coriander and finally cheese or dairy free cheese. Bake in 190-degree oven for 12-15 minutes until crust is lightly browned.
Makes 1 10-inch pizza